Physically Challenged Man Controls Traffic In Lagos (Photos)

A physically challenged man identified as Sani Labaran, fends for himself and family by driving a tricycle a.k.a 'Keke Napep' and also by controlling traffic in Lagos. Despite his condition, the married father of two made a decision not to beg as some others do to survive. Read his story below as shared by the Humans of Lagos.

I have been in Lagos for the past fifteen years. I was a bicycle repairer before then and came here to hustle.

Due to my decision not to beg, I started controlling traffic. I've worked around Guiness road, Toyin Street, Olowu and Eko Idumota. Some people give me money when they see me working.

I have been disabled for as long as I can remember. If I wasn't, I would have loved to be a soldier. But with things being this way, I still struggle to survive.

I have a wife and two children who are in Zamfara with my parents. Asides helping the community to manage the traffic, I also drive a Maruwa. It is not mine so I pay N1500 to the owner from the 3K or N3500 I make daily. What is left after fueling it is what I take home.

I dream of owning a Maruwa and be empowered someday. My name is Sani Labaran, my friends call me Sani Abacha. I am 35 years old and come from Gumi local government area of Zamfara.

This is my story.


Comments

Popular Posts

5 most affortable phones in Nigeria

Man gets shot in the neck and he makes a live video of it